LeftPad
Heritage Brockville banner
Email buttonSitemap buttonPrinter button
T: 613.342.8772, ext. 4420
E: heritage@brockville.com
menubar

Home Cultural Heritage Properties BROCKVILLE'S DESIGNATED CULTURAL HERITAGE SITES Post Office and Customs House - 14 Court House Avenue

Post Office and Customs House, 1883-85.

Post Office and Customs House Post Office and Customs House

Click on above images to view full-size.

The old Post Office and Customs House was designated for both historical and architectural reasons.

The building has been a part of the Court House Avenue streetscape for over 94 years and served as the main post office and customs house for 77 of those years. It is an outstanding example from a series of public buildings built by the dominion government during the 1880s and was designated by the internationally-known architect, Thomas Fuller.


View Post Office and Customs House in a larger map